Fees are payable monthly in advance and individual lessons are offered in multiples of 5 lessons per month. This means you commit to a minimum no. of 5 lessons per month, as we believe this is the bare minimum required to achieve any results. Remember that the lessons can be allocated amongst different subjects, i.e. you can take some in Math and others in English. The fees are per multiple of 5 and their cost is detailed on the relevant Cyber School web site, so you will be billed for this minimum amount. (Any unused lessons do not carry over to the following month)
- If relevant, the applicant hereby applies to enrol his/her child (or himself if he/she has attained legal majority) with Cyber School’s lessons teaching service.
- Such application or ongoing attendance of the student may be approved or declined at the sole discretion of Cyber School, before enrolment or at anytime thereafter.
- The parent or guardian completing registration warrants that he or she has provided information that is true and correct, and accepts full personal responsibility for the payment of all fees. (Any notices may be served on the address provided by the parent/guardian)
- Each student’s fees are due monthly in advance and are non refundable and non transferable. A running record of all individual one on one lessons provided will be available via the students Logineducation profile. This will show all lessons offered and will serve as the record to track all payments received, credits used, and relevant information. All no-shows or missed lessons will have to be charged for.
- All lessons are 30 minutes in duration.
- The parent/guardian and student accepts to abide by the terms, conditions and rules of conduct as explained from time to time as described in these Terms and Conditions.
- The fees itemized exclude all textbooks and stationery, if required. Certain textbooks and stationery may be prescribed by the teacher/s from time to time and these may have to be purchased.
- All students also need ongoing access to a reliable pc, headset, good quality broadband internet, possibly a printer, and a free Skype account.
- This service is totally reliant on the internet and various technologies. Should any service or delivery interruptions or problems occur for any reason, Cyber School will in no way be liable for any damages or losses of any nature whatsoever.
- The applicant may give notice at anytime by giving one months notice. During such notice period, the full monthly tuition fees are still payable, whether the student attends the extra lessons or not.
- Any monthly fees that do not reflect in our bank account month in advance for that month will result in the student’s login details being automatically de-activated and lessons suspended. Re-activation will only occur against payment of the prevailing late payment fee, per occasion.
- The individual one on one lessons are designed to cater for one student at a time. If more than one student wishes to attend, the costs can be shared amongst all attendees, with the only difference being that individual attention will not be offered. In such instances, one applying principal student will have to be responsible for the payment to Cyber School and each additional student will have to “re-imburse” the principal applicant directly.
The applicant acknowledges that no warranties or guarantees of any nature have been offered to the applicant, except for those described in these terms and on the web sites, www.cyberschoolsa.com and or www.cyberschoolamericas.com.
Cyber School Specific Terms Relating to Daily Teaching In Online Classes Via The Internet:
- The applicant hereby applies to enroll his/her child with Cyber School’s comprehensive extra lesson teaching program. For more information about what we offer, see our web site at www.cyberschoolsa.com . Such application or ongoing attendance of the student may be approved or declined at the sole discretion of Cyber School, before enrolment or at anytime thereafter.
- The parent or guardian completing registration/enrolment warrants that he or she has provided information that is true and correct, and accepts full personal responsibility for the payment of all fees. (Any notices may be served on the address provided by the parent/guardian)
- Each student’s fees are due monthly in advance and are non refundable and non transferable.
- The parent/guardian and student accepts to abide by the terms, conditions and rules of conduct as explained from time to time in the Rules of Conduct section below.
- The fees itemized exclude all textbooks for grades 2, 3, 4, and certain literature textbooks for older grades, stationery and if applicable, GED exam and or SAT exam registration fees. If required, students should purchase textbooks separately.
- All students need ongoing access to a reliable windows based pc, speakers, a headset, good quality broadband internet and a printer.
- This service is totally reliant on the internet and various technologies. Should any service or delivery interruptions or problems occur for any reason, Cyber School will in no way be liable for any damages or losses of any nature whatsoever.
- The applicant may give notice at anytime by giving one months written notice. During such notice period, the full monthly fees are still payable, whether the student attends the extra lessons/classes or not.
- Any monthly fees that do not reflect in our bank account monthly in advance, calculated from the date of registration, will result in the student’s login details being automatically de-activated. Re-activation will only occur against payment of the prescribed late fee per occasion.
- Technically, Cyber School is not a registered school, but is an educational service that offers comprehensive teaching with qualified teachers via the internet. Parents are still legally responsible for homeschooling their children up to grade 9 (or such later grade or age as may be required by the laws of your country) and should register with their Governmental Department of Education, where applicable and if required.
- The applicant acknowledges that no warranties or guarantees of any nature have been offered to the applicant, except for those described in these terms and on the web site www.cyberschoolsa.com and or www.cyberschoolenglish.com.
- It is agreed that all live classes shall be offered, where possible, in accordance with their published term/semester calendar and daily student timetable, and classes shall not be offered on holidays or during recess periods.
- Fees are due during all holiday/recess periods according to these calendar/s and a typical school payment year is for a 12 month period, including the last month of the year. If a student commences after the year has started, then such student will need to pay the published monthly fees until and including the last month of classes. I.e. if classes cease on the 7th of the last academic month of the year, then full payment is still due for that month.
- Payment may be made by transferring/wiring money to our bank account or by paying online via a credit or debit card.
Rules of Conduct:
1. All parents and students undertake to comply with all reasonable requests made by Cyber School from time to time.
2. We are suppliers of extra lessons, to parents intending to teach their own children at home. Via the use of teachers, we are there to assist the parent in this task. We are not a replacement for school. We form a three way partnership between ourselves, the parent/s and the students. We are there to comprehensively assist parents, and are not there to replace them.
3. Cyber School is therefore not solely responsible for the teaching of your child, and the parent is legally responsible for such learning on the part of his or her child. What Cyber School offers should be seen as supplementing what the parent is already teaching at home.
4. All students register on a "one learner per login basis". This means logins may not be shared and are for the sole and exclusive use of the registered student. The same applies to all other materials supplied, including worksheets, quizzes, tests, assessments and any other information delivered to the student.
5. Students and parents only have access to online course materials during the year (in months) in which they have a valid registration. After completing a grade, no farther access to any of the online learning materials will be granted.
6. Cyber School may terminate, without penalty, any student/parent’s enrolment by giving 7 days notice. In the event that payment has been made beyond the 7 days, then a refund for the outstanding moneys paid will be made.
7. Students are taught according to the published school calendars. There is no teaching offered during the prescribed school holidays.
8. In the event of either the teacher or student/s experiencing internet connectivity problems that result in poor video transmission quality, the teacher may disable the live video streaming feature and deliver the classes via voice only (without video feed). In the event that these problems still persist, the transmission may be farther adjusted by ceasing audio transmission and using instant messaging only.
9. Cyber School makes estimations in their marketing materials regarding the amount of bandwidth required by students, but this is subject to many factors that may influence this requirement. Therefore, parents are advised that this estimation may increase and Cyber School is not responsible for any inaccuracies in this regard.
10. Cyber School reserves the right to amend and edit the student schedules as required, from time to time. This includes offering subjects and classes at times that co-incide with the availability of teacher/s for those subjects. For example, some classes may, for a temporary period, be offered at different times, including "after school hours" to cater for the availability of such teacher/s, until such time as they become available to teach at more convenient times.
11. Cyber School may combine classes and grades where required on a temporary basis, until sufficient student numbers are attained for any particular class or grade.
12. Cyber School reserves the right to use substitute or stand in teachers on a temporary basis, for any subjects or grades that may be necessary, whilst more appropriate teachers are sourced and or are located.
13. Cyber School reserves the right to split and mix classes amongst teachers and or grades and allocate teachers as it deems necessary, until students in classes and grades are of a sufficient size to warrant dedicated teachers.
14. Cyber School reserves the right to temporarily offer shortened classes (less time duration) if required and or if the number of students (less than 12 per class) can be adequately taught in less time than planned.
15. Cyber School reserves the right to offer one class teacher for any grade that will teach all subjects.
16. Cyber School reserves the right to not offer certain subjects in any grade if there is insufficient demand, until such time as there is sufficient demand. In such event, students will have to engage in self study or find another private tutor for those subjects. No discount will be offered for any subjects not taken unless Cyber School is unable to offer another substitute or alternative subject.
17. Cyber School accepts no responsibility whatsoever as to the suitability, candidacy, or eligibility of any student to write or be eligible to write or sit for any exam or examinations offered by any third party. It is solely the responsibility of the parent to verify any requirements set by these third parties, and to ensure that any subject choices or teaching that they receive via Cyber School complies with any future plans they may have for farther studies elsewhere and or any admission requirements laid down by any Governmental Education Department or Educational Institution.
18. All GED students’ final exams are done via an independent company and organisation. All registration is done via GED Testing website (www.gedtestingservice.com) and Cyber School plays no role in this process whatsoever. All fees (for the exams, results and certificate/s) are payable to GED Testing Services and these financial transactions and all dealings with GED Testing Services, including the exams, exam venue, results, certificates, etc. should be directed to GED Testing Services and not to Cyber School.
19. All SAT exams/tests are done via an independent third party supplier and its affiliates. All registration is done via the College Board’s website (www.collegeboard.org) and Cyber School plays no role in this process whatsoever. All fees (for the exams, results and certificate/s) are payable to their affiliates and these financial transactions and all dealings with the College Board and their affiliates, including the exams, exam venue, results, etc. should be directed to the College Board and not to Cyber School.
20. Registration for both the GED (US based high school equivalency exams) and the SAT test (if applicable) remains the sole responsibility of the parent, and Cyber School does not warrant, guarantee or vouch for any student’s eligibility or acceptance to be able to register or sit for any of these exams.
21. The absence of any student does not allow a parent to stop paying any fees due during any particular period/s of absence.
1. Applying for Grade (Grades 2, 3 and 4 require ongoing assistance and teaching from a parent as these students are not old enough to study independently via the internet. (This program requires that the parent does all other teaching (apart from any contact sessions offered by our teachers) and offers all assistance that may be required to facilitate the learning of the student.) Please see the Junior Primary section of your relevant Cyber School web site for more information.
General Access terms for Logineducation:
1. Eligibility: You must be eighteen or over to register as a member/student of or use this site, otherwise a legal guardian must register on your behalf. Membership in the service is void where prohibited. By using and/or viewing this site, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this agreement and that you are at least 18-years old (21-years old where 18 is not the age of majority). Content is provided by third parties and offering them subscription space is not intended as an endorsement of these entities, their services, or policies. “LE” is not affiliated with them. By using and/or viewing this site you represent and warrant under penalty of perjury the following: That you are an adult, at least 18-years of age (21-years old where 18 is not the age of majority); That you represent and warrant that you have not and will not use and/or view the Site(s) in a restricted location - namely a place, country, or location in which doing so would, or could be deemed a violation of any law, regulation, rule, ordinance, edict or custom.
2. Fees/Termination: “LE”’s usage and/or subscription fees were provided to you upon registration and may change from time to time upon electronic notice to you. “LE” reserves the right to terminate your access to the site for any reason or no reason. “LE” may terminate your membership upon sending notice to you at the email address you provide in your application for membership or such other email address as you may later provide to us. If “LE” terminates your membership because you have breached this Agreement, you will not be entitled to any refund of any unused subscription fees. Even after this Agreement is terminated, certain provisions will remain in effect including sections 1, 3, 14, inclusive, of this Agreement.
3. Restricted Commercial Use by Members/Viewers: Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not become members of this site and shall not use the “LE” service or site for the purpose of sending unsolicited commercial e-mail to members, sending advertisements for other web sites and services in this site's chat rooms, or using member personal identifying information for commercial purposes. Ilegal and/or unauthorized uses of the site, including unauthorized framing of or linking to the site or the sending of unsolicited commercial email will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress and/or termination of membership at “LE”'s sole discretion. In order to prevent the sending of unsolicited commercial email or chat messages to its members, “LE” may take reasonable steps, including the limiting of the numbers of emails or chat messages sent or received by a member and electronically filtering or throttling or terminating e-mail and chat messages at “LE”'s sole discretion.
4. Proprietary Rights of Content on “LE”: “LE” owns and retains other proprietary rights in the “LE” site and the “LE” service. The site contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of “LE” and its licensors. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information.
6. Copyright Policy/DMCA Notice: You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights or otherwise have a valid basis under the law, including "fair use". Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the “LE” service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information consistent with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA): an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the our site including the URLs of web pages and/or hyperlinks; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. “LE” 's Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows: email@example.com
7. It is the intention of “LE” to fully comply with the DMCA, including the Notice and "take down" provisions and to benefit from the safe harbors immunizing it from liability to the fullest extent provided by law, and to the extent the Notice and "take down" requirements above deviate from the requirements under the DMCA then the Notice requirements as provided by the DMCA shall control and are herein incorporated by reference.
8. Member Disputes: “LE” does not solicit or control the information provided by other users that is made available through our system. You may find other user's information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate and/or deceptive. If so, please request a profile review using the link provided on the member’s profile page or at various other places throughout the website. Please also use caution, common sense, and safety when using our site. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other “LE” members. Because it is not involved in member interactions, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more members or those who have posted, viewed and/or used information on the “LE” site, you release “LE”, including its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries and employees, from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code § 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." “LE” reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other members.
10. Disclaimers: “LE”, including its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries and employees is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the site or in connection with the “LE” service, whether caused by users, members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the service, nor for the conduct of any user and/or member of the “LE” service whether online or offline. “LE” assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user and/or member communications. “LE” is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users and/or members or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the “LE” site and/or in connection with the “LE” service. Under no circumstances will “LE”, be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone's use of the site or the service and/or any content posted on the “LE” site or transmitted to “LE” members. The site and the service are provided "AS-IS" and “LE” expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. “LE” cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the site and/or the “LE” service.
Note to WebTV users: Our current site technology does not support WebTV access for various features and compatibility is not warranted.
11. Limitation on Liability: Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted (and in that event liability is disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law), in no event will “LE” be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits arising from your use of the site or the “LE” service, even if “LE” has been advised of the possibility of such damages. You further agree to hold “LE”, including its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries and employees harmless for claims arising in the event that other user’s profile ultimately proves to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate and/or deceptive. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, “LE”'s liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to “LE” for the service during the term of membership.
12. U.S. Export Controls: Software from this site is further subject to United States export controls. No software from this site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
15. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is made upon clicking the 'Accept' button when registering/enrolling on this site. By accepting these terms and conditions the user and or applicant becomes a customer that applies for the service/s mentioned in these terms and conditions. These are subscription services that are paid monthly in advance. By accepting these terms and conditions, the applicant warrants that he/she accepts the terms and conditions contained in this document and additional regulations and guidelines as are contained, from time to time, on the website, www.logineducation.com.